I think you will agree when I say: running a WordPress website is challenging. There are a million and one tasks to handle each day, which can drive just about anyone crazy. One area that beats many website owners is managing editorial workflows, more so if you have many writers, editors, and lots of content.
Trying to manage your editorial workflows manually usually leads to chaos. Most of the time, you don’t know who is working on what, and whether every team member understands the goal. As a result, you end up with broken content and frustration since you’re not utilizing your resources in an optimal way thereby negatively affecting your goals.
So, how do you avoid these issues while boosting productivity?
You leverage the power of task automation. Instead of micromanaging your team trying to run editorial workflows manually, you can streamline the entire process using a brilliant plugin such as Oasis Workflow, the subject of today’s review. It’s a fantastic way to automate your editorial workflows without breaking the bank.
In the upcoming sections, we learn more about Oasis Workflow, cover the features that make the plugin a darling of thousands of WordPress sites, and how Oasis Workflow adds value to your business. Also, please don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comment section at the end.
Without further ado, grab a coffee and let’s take a look!
What is Oasis Workflow?
Well, the title and the screenshot sort of sums it up, but don’t we love learning more about the best tools? Of course, we do. I’m not judging, but you probably use (or had to use) sticky notes, whiteboards, and messy spreadsheets to manage your editorial workflows. Normally, things get out of hand because of disorganization.
You end up missing important steps in your workflow, and, well, everything goes downhill from there. Other times, your team can’t keep up because of distractions, and you end up missing deadlines and churning out poor content. Now, a tool such as Oasis Workflow eliminates all those bottlenecks by automating the editorial workflow.
As of this writing, we’ve been using Oasis Workflow on our corporate blog for almost 6 years. Our actual workflow is dead simple. – decompiler
The plugin offers you a centralized dashboard to manage and organize your editorial workflows. It’s as simple as that. Instead of having workflows lying all over the place, Oasis Workflow offers you a modern way to keep your editorial process flowing in an orderly manner.
As a result, you save a lot of time and money, boost productivity, generate better content, and every member of your team is happy. The team behind Oasis Workflow (Nugget Solutions Inc.) offers you a 100% free version, so you can test the waters without any risk. Basically, you have nothing to lose.
As usual, we always recommend choosing the plan that’s suitable for your business. Plus, don’t forget about the free version. All plans come with a 30-day money back guarantee.
Now we know what we are working with. What can you expect in terms of features?
Oasis Workflow Key Highlights
A task automation tool such as Oasis Workflow should make your work easier and not harder. That means you need an easy-to-use plugin that comes with all the tools you need but without feature bloat. And guess what? Oasis Workflow is the perfect blend of ease and functionality.
Here’s what to expect:
- Intuitive drag-and-drop builder – This is probably what you’ll like the most about Oasis Workflow. Whipping up editorial workflows is as simple as 1-2-3. You don’t write a single line of code meaning you’ll be up and running in minutes.
- Revision Feature – You don’t have to revert to “draft” status to update published articles. Note, reverting to “draft” status takes your post offline, which is a bad for user experience and SEO. Thanks to Oasis Workflow, you can update a post while it’s still online. That means zero downtime for your live articles.
- Workflow History – This feature allows you to capture user and system actions executed in any given workflow. You can see everything including review comments, status, sign-off timestamps, and much more. Users can also easily retrace their steps if need be.
- Reports – Oasis Workflow comes with detailed reports that show current assignments, workflow submissions, and assignments by the due date. That way, you can stay on top of things at all times.
- Auto-Submit Engine – Save time by auto-launching your workflow based on specific conditions.
- Seamless integration with your favorite tools – Such as Elementor, Beaver Builder, bbPress, and WPBakery Page Builder.
- Custom Post Type Support – Oasis Workflow supports custom post types meaning you can work with more than just the default WordPress post types.
- Front End Shortcodes – You can expose your workflow inbox on the front end of your website by using some shortcodes.
- A ton of PRO add-ons – Oasis Workflow comes with premium add-ons that help you to extend your editorial workflows further. Read more about add-ons here.
- And much more!
Additionally, it’s worth mentioning that Oasis Workflow offers amazing support. All it takes it a quick look at the plugin’s reviews to see what real users have to say:
Great plugin, amazing support, even in difficult situations, the Oasis team makes it easy. – decorprata
Other Oasis Workflow plugin reviews mention details such as same day support, help with setting up a demo system, adding new features to the plugin and simply overall outstanding support. So with Oasis you can know you’re in good hands!
Why Use Oasis Workflow on Your WordPress Site
Now that you know what Oasis Workflow is, why might you use it on your own WordPress site? There can be many criteria depending on how you operate your business, but here are a few key reasons that stand out.
Save Time (and Money)
Automation is the name of the game, and with Oasis Workflow you save time by not having to micromanage your team so you can focus on other tasks. Here are a few examples where Oasis Workflow can speed things up:
- Workflows can be created to automatically assign tasks by user role or team and (if enabled) send email notifications to message the appropriate persons as new assignments are created.
- Users working on post assignments can submit the post as a task completion using the “Submit to Workflow” button in the WordPress editor. This will automatically bump the post to the next stage of the workflow, which could be assignment to an editor for immediate review and approval.
- When a post is published an email notification can be sent to automatically let the author or perhaps your marketing team know that a post is live. This way they can get started on promotions right away.
As you can see, Oasis Workflow saves you a ton of time by expediting processes that you’ve setup. This leaves you more time for money making activities, such as garnering leads, creating new products and services or investing in marketing.
Since a path is already set out for them your team(s) can get right to work. We talked about saving time, but Oasis Workflow also reduces workplace confusion which in turn can improve productivity.
Workflows make it clear who should be working on new assignments and how far along in-progress assignments are (e.g. has a post been completed? Is it in the review stage? Does it need an update?). It also makes onboarding easy for new team members since all they have to do is start the assignments emailed to them and complete steps as outlined in the workflow.
Also, for site administrators (or your management team) the ability to review workflow history and access downloadable reports is hugely helpful. This way they can see what teams are working on, if teams or users are working efficiently and identify bottlenecks at a glance to make improvements to workflows.
Create Better Content
With more time to be productive it only makes sense that the final work product would improve. This means better content for your website with more SEO value. Workflows can help streamline each step – from brainstorming and research, to content creation, scheduling and even updates. Since each team member is focusing on what they do best, the quality of your website content and marketing is sure to be enhanced.
An editorial workflow is a powerful tool as far as managing your team and content works. However, traditional methods of creating editorials are often ineffective, which is why you need a modern solution that you can view/manage on multiple devices and take anywhere you go.
If you’re in the market for a solid tool to automate and simplify your editorial workflows, you can’t go wrong with Oasis Workflow by Nugget Solutions Inc. As you can see it adds value to the user & the organization overall, making it a great choice to improve your WordPress site.
It’s also important to note that Oasis Workflow is a WordPress VIP technology partner. This means that WordPress itself endorses Oasis Workflow as a recommended solution for you (or your web design clientele). Together they are engaged to deliver best in class all-in-one solutions that will keep your websites robust, secure and ensure right content is published right at first time.
That said, how do you automate editorial workflows in your business? Have questions or suggestions? Please let us know in the comment section below.